What a successful KOVATECH 2019!
KOVATECH 2019 – a hard-core technology seminar for marine professionals
One of the absolute highlights of May was definitely the KOVATECH 2019 – technology seminar that Kewatec AluBoat organized together with selected partners.
Check out the video here.
The two day seminar consisted of a first day packed with technology lectures, presentations and an active panel discussion, while the second day was held at Kewatec AluBoat shipyard where guests in small groups participated in practical workshops consisting of test drives, equipment tests and demo shows. The seminar also included a joint boat trip with one of Kewatec’s newbuild passenger boats.
The theme of the technology seminar 2019 focused on engines & propulsion, navigation and digital solutions. The up-to-date lectures reflected the topics that most marine professionals are pondering over today:
- Volvo Penta lectured on hybrid propulsion, its possibilities and challenges.
- Scania Group presented IMO Tier III emission requirements for maritime engines and what solutions the market offers today.
- Mercury Marine described new generation outboard engines for commercial applications.
- Kongsberg Maritime taught modern operating systems for water jet applications.
- Furuno Finland had a lecture on the possibilities of computer-based navigation systems
- Navico Sweden elaborated how a doppler radar can improve the situational awareness
- Marfle Oy talked about how the use of engine and boat data in vessel management systems leads to a more efficient boat fleet.
The international seminar received very good feedback and the planning for KOVATECH 2020 has already begun. If you are interested in participating, please let us know at KOVATECH@kewatec.fi
A big thank you to all the partners and participants who made KOVATECH 2019 a magnificent seminar!
A video from the seminar is found at youtube.